Website Terms & Conditions
By using or visiting this website (collectively, including all content and functionality available through the caringdads.org domain name, the Caring Dads Website) you signify your agreement to these terms and conditions and Center Against Domestic Violence’ privacy notice, found at: http://caringdads.org/terms-conditions
If you do not agree to any of these terms or the Caring Dads privacy notice, you are not authorized to use the Caring Dads website.
Caring Dads may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
Not Counseling, Therapy, or Legal Advice
The information provided on and through this website is intended to provide support and general information and should not be used as a substitute for counseling or therapy. No counselor/client relationship shall be formed between you and us as a result of your access to and use of this website. Site users who need counseling or therapy should contact their primary care provider or local mental health association. In addition, legal information provided on and through this website is not intended to replace individual legal advice from a licensed attorney. No attorney/client relationship shall be formed between you and us as a result of your access to and use of this website. Site users who need a lawyer should contact their local bar association, legal services program, legal aid society, or public defender’s office.
Restrictions on Use
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, photographs, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of Caring Dads or its content suppliers and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws.
Except as otherwise indicated on this site, any person using this site is authorized to copy, print, or distribute any of its contents only as follows:
1. Users may print out individual pages but cannot copy or download a large portion of the site (e.g., no bots, webcrawlers, spiders, etc. that harvest the site).
2. Users may download, print, distribute and use pages and media content from the site only for informational, non-commercial purposes.
3. Any copies of such documents pages or media content must not alter the original site content and must include the Caring Dads copyright notice: “© 20017, Caring Dads. All Rights Reserved.”
4. Caring Dads Violence reserves the right to terminate the above authorization at any time in its sole discretion.
5. No one may frame this site or any portion thereof. Linking to this site is permitted, provided that the link does not falsely imply or suggest that Caring Dads has endorsed or is affiliated with the linked site.
Caring Dads is concerned with protecting the privacy of others and the security of data it collects and encourages responsible, lawful use of its resources. You agree not to use this website for any prohibited purpose. The following are examples of types of uses of the website that are prohibited:
1. Violations of Law. You are prohibited from using this website to commit, or in connection with, criminal or civil violations of federal, provincial, state, local, or international laws, regulations, or other governmental requirements, or to infringe the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights) of any person. We reserve the right to report any activity that may violate any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators or other third parties and we may do so without prior notice to you.
2. Security Violations. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the website. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. Examples of prohibited security violations include, but are not limited to:(a) logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use;
(c) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network related to the website;
(d) tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures;
(e) transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the website; and
(f) interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information; or interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, but not limited to, by means of overloading, flooding, mailbombing, or crashing any system, subsystem or network related to the website.
3. Threats. You are prohibited from using this website to transmit materials of a threatening nature, including, but not limited to, threats of death or physical harm, abuse or harassment.
4. Offensive or Unlawful Materials. You are prohibited from using this website for the display or distribution of offensive or unlawful materials, including, but not limited to, materials that are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, or hateful, materials that violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or materials that infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademark rights) of any person.
5. Spam. You are prohibited from using this website in connection with spam. Spam is not only annoying to other users, it might degrade the site by clogging the system, rendering the site inaccessible and potentially leading to downtime of the site. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any of the following activities:(a) sending any unsolicited e-mail that could be expected, in Caring Dads’ sole discretion, to provoke complaints; (b) sending unsolicited e-mail without identifying in the e-mail a clear and easy means to be excluded from receiving additional e-mail from the originator of the e-mail; and
(c) sending e-mail that does not accurately identify the sender, the sender’s return address and the e-mail address of origin.
6. Other Prohibited Conduct. You further agree that when using this site, you will not do any of the following:(a) post or upload to the site any content containing any solicitation; (b) download any content that you know, or reasonably should know, has not been lawfully posted or otherwise distributed;
(c) falsify or delete any author attributions or proprietary or legal notices;
(d) use another’s password without permission or impersonate another person; or
(e) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
We reserve the right to determine, in our sole discretion, whether you have used the site in a prohibited way. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the site and, if we become aware that the site is being used for a prohibited purpose (or an attempt has been made to do so), we reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate. We may not notify you before we take action against you.
Caring Dads respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on this website infringes your copyrights, you may notify us in the way identified below. When we receive such a notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and/or, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. If we remove or disable access to material in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the individual or entity who submitted the material so that individual or entity may make a counter notification. If you have any queries or complaints regarding copyright infringement, our designated contact is:
Contact Person Name – Jean-Paul Mouton
Email – email@example.com
This site may link to or be linked from other sites that are not maintained by Caring Dads. Caring Dads does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of any of those sites.
If you communicate or submit any remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, photographs or other information or materials to Caring Dads through this site (“Submissions”), you give Caring Dads permission to use such Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or anyone else. Unless Caring Dads expressly states to the contrary, Caring Dads will not be required to treat any Submission as confidential.
Warranty Disclaimer – Disclaimer of Liability
You agree that your use of the Caring Dads website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Caring Dads, its officers, directors, employees and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the website and your use thereof. Caring Dads makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the Caring Dads, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, assume liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any
1. errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content,
2. personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website,
3. any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein,
4. any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website,
5. any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party and/or
6. any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via center against domestic violence website.
Caring Dads does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Caring Dads Website, any hyperlinked website, or featured in any banner or other advertising. Caring Dads will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
The website is controlled and offered by Caring Dads from its facilities in Canada. Caring Dads makes no representations that the Caring Dads website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Caring Dads Website from jurisdictions outside Canada do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree that your use of this site, this Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Ontario, Canada. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be resolved solely in the provincial or federal courts located in Ontario, Canada.
Your Caring Dads Account
If you sign up to use services on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the site or forums. You must not describe or assign keywords to your forum posts in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Caring Dads may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Caring Dads liability. You must immediately notify Caring Dads of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. Caring Dads will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Payments and Renewals
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Caring Dads the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
Unless you notify Caring Dads before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to Caring Dads in writing.