In addition to our Facilitator Training events, Caring Dads also offers a "train-the-trainer" model in select contexts. We develop two types of Trainers who work with Caring Dads:
- Caring Dads Accredited Trainers
- Caring Dads Independent Trainers
Accredited Trainers host Facilitator Training events organized and delivered by Caring Dads in locations around the globe. Independent Trainers on the other hand, are able to run the 2 day Caring Dads Facilitator Training events in their country of accreditation, and the Facilitators they train are in turn recognized and accredited by Caring Dads in the country in which they have been trained.
Becoming a Caring Dads Trainer
In both scenarios, becoming a Caring Dads Trainer involves first meeting eligibility requirements. In order to enter the Trainer Development Program, candidates must:
- be Accredited Caring Dads Facilitators, including having completed post-training clinical oversight;
- have successfully completed a minimum of 2 Caring Dads Groups.
- have achieved satisfactory program evaluation and quality assurance results;
- submit an updated resume and supporting statement. In particular candidates must demonstrate their ability to develop ongoing partnerships with child protection agencies, women’s advocate groups and batterer intervention services, particularly where these are not part of their own organization's services;
- pay a non-refundable $50 CAD application fee. Should the applicant be successful, this fee is reimbursed.
Caring Dads Accredited Trainers
Once accepted into the program, candidates complete the Trainer Development Course and post-training clinical oversight. At this stage, candidates begin to co-deliver a minimum of 1 Facilitator Training. Candidates are remunerated for this Facilitator Training event. Should the candidate achieve satisfactory training evaluation and quality assurance results, he/she becomes an Accredited Caring Dads Trainer through a contractual agreement with Caring Dads to deliver Facilitator Training at events organized and sponsored by Caring Dads. This certification level does not allow Trainers to organize independent Facilitator Training events.
Caring Dads Independent Trainers
Accredited Trainers who wish to offer Caring Dads Facilitator Trainings on an independent basis must meet the following conditions. Trainers should have:
- delivered a minimum of 3 Facilitator Trainings as the sole presenter, but with clinical oversight from Caring Dads. These training events are remunerated.
- achieved satisfactory training evaluation and quality assurance results;
- identified either an agency or geographic area for independent operations.
Upon achieving Independent status, Trainers enter a contractual agreement with Caring Dads to deliver independent Facilitator Training within the specific geographic location or agency they've identified.